A good old fashioned meat sauce is one of the most versatile dishes you can make. It is the base of so many great Banting options, e.g. Zoodle Bolognese, Moussaka, Cottage Pie … its great for breakfast with baked eggs or cheese and tomato. I mean you could make so many meals with this! It also freezes and reheats beautifully for quick weekday dinners.
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 large Onion chopped
- 1 Tbsp Crushed Garlic
- 500 Beef Mince (preferably 80/20 i.e. 20% fat - if lean, add more coconut oil or butter)
- 1 Tin Chopped Tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp Dried Origanum (or other herbs of choice)
- 2 Tbsp Dried Sweet Basil (or other herbs of choice)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a medium sized pot up.
- Add Coconut Oil and heat then sauté onions until translucent.
- Add garlic and sauté.
- Add mince and fry until cooked and well broken up.
- Add herbs and stir.
- Add tomato and cook on low for about 20 minutes. If you need to add more liquid, add a little water.
Some meals made with this sauce as a base …