These Zucchini Fritters are very versatile and a great way to hide eggs in a breakfast for those who don’t love eggs. Serve with toppings of your choice … pictured is guacamole, chorizo and creme fraiche topping.
This is a lovely recipe to "hide" eggs and zucchini ... lovely for a seemingly egg free breakfast.
- 1 large zucchini (grated)
- 1/4 onion (grated) - optional
- 50g parmesan (grated)
- 3 eggs
- 1 Tbsp psyllium husk
- 1 Tbsp coconut flour
- 2 Tbsp cream cheese
- 1Tbsp coconut oil (for frying)
- Mix eggs, flour and psyllium husk and let it stand while you prepare the rest
- Grate zucchini, onion and parmesan
- Mix the grated ingredients into the egg mix until well combined
- Add cream cheese and mix thoroughly
- Heat a pan to medium heat
- Add coconut oil to pan and allow to heat
- Add spoonfuls of fritter mix into pan - size is up to you - flatten slightly with the back of the spoon
- Cook on medium to low heat until underside is golden brown and fritter is easy to turn
- Flip fritter and cook 2-3 minutes on other side
- Remove from pan and serve with toppings of choice
The trick is to cook these slowly so moderate your heat accordingly ... the zucchini and onion need to cook through for a lovely sweet result ... if you cook them too hot and fast you'll have raw onion flavour in your fritters.